Saturday, June 5, 2010

The invasion that has destroyed my mind and my body...

I'm almost 31 weeks pregnant. By now you'd think I'd be used to it. But how do you get used to your belly doing flips whether you want it to or not?

2 big things happened this week that really brought home the fact that I'm in my 3rd trimester.

First off, pregnancy brain! I was standing in the shower after conditioning my hair, only to wonder if I'd washed it already or not. I literally could not remember! Luckily I looked down and saw bubbly shampoo remnants on me and figured out that I had shampooed already. This is not the first (or the worst) moment of preggo brain I've had, but I can't think of the rest right now :)

Secondly, I woke up Thursday with no ankles! They had vanished while I slept and I had tree stump legs where they used to be tapered. I've had kids before and I know to expect swelling, but man I was still shocked!

Luckily for me, Bok Boy had his annual checkup on Friday (and their pediatrician is also my OB), so I told him about the disappearing ankles. He looked at them and told me it was normal (which I knew but it's always nice to hear).

Did you have bad moments of preggo brain? How did you function? I'll tell you now that lists don't seem to help (as I'm always forgetting them!)




0 comments:

Post a Comment