Friday, February 6, 2009

Fear of the Teen Years is instilled in me at a very early age

After picking up my daughter from daycare today (which is supposed to give me a couple hours of "me" time once a week, but instead lets me run errands and clean house), we're driving along quietly and suddenly my daughter says "Jackson knows how to kiss". Right about then I couldn't say a word... I couldn't even think! My brain was stuttering and all I could think was "You're 3!!!"

After a large gray streak instantly appeared in my hair and my heart beat until it just about burst my ribs, I finally realized... I looked at my daughter in the rear-view mirror and said "Is Jackson a baby?" She looked at me like "duh mom!" and I realized that a couple of simple words from a small child can shave several years off your life!

What the heck am I going to do once she's old enough for the kisser (or kissee) to not be a baby? I think I'm going to have to agree with my husband and put bars on all the windows!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sonya, thank you for visiting my blog and congratulations on your foray into the world of blogging. It's a fascinating and fun place. I know you will meet tons of Mommys just like you. Have a super great day. ~ Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm a working mom and grandmother-great prize i hope to win it mverno@roadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete